The All Girls Math Online Tournament is a multi-round MATHCOUNTS-style individual math competition for girls of grades 3 to 8 all over the world. This online tournament is separate from the All Girls Math Tournament (AGMT), an on-site (online this year) competition with many satellite locations, but has the same ideals and goals. You can find out more about the AGMT competitions here.
To register, email us at email@example.com!
- First round: October 1-7, 2023
- Second round: October 15-21, 2023
- Third round: October 29-November 4, 2023
- The competition will consist of three separate rounds, in which participants will be selected to compete in the next round. Each round consists of two parts: a sprint section and a target section.
- The first round will include a sprint section with 30 questions to be solved in 40 minutes, and a target section with 8 questions to be solved in 24 minutes. The top 50% of the participants will be able to move on to the second round.
- The second round will include a sprint section with 20 questions to be solved in 30 minutes, and a target section with 6 questions to be solved in 20 minutes. Again, the top 50% of the participants will be able to move on to the third round.
- The third round will include a sprint section with 10 questions to be solved in 30 minutes, and a target section with 4 questions to be solved in 12 minutes. This is the final round.
Rules and Scoring
- Four-function calculators (ones which can only perform the four basic operations) are allowed. Other computational devices, including scientific, programmable, and graphing calculators, are not allowed. All problems are solvable without a calculator.
- Graph paper, rulers, compasses, and protractors are allowed. Other devices, such as online graphing tools, are prohibited. Not all figures will be drawn to scale.
- Participants may not communicate with one another or ask anyone anything pertaining to the questions on the tests. Consulting any outside or online sources while participating in the contest is also prohibited.
- Scores will be weighted based on all three rounds of the competition (the first round 20%, the second round 30%, and the third round 50%) to give a final overall score. The top contestants are listed on our Awards page here and will receive awards!
Registration and Submission
- During the testing window, participants are allowed to choose when to take the test; however, they will not be allowed to submit answers after the round ends.
- Competition problems are uploaded on our website at the beginning of each round.
- Answer submissions are via Google Form, which will be open during the testing window.
- We require advance registration to send participants passwords to access competition problems.
- All competitors are asked to print out the tests and adhere to the time constraints indicated. No computer is required until answer submission.